DIMISCO OFFERS DIFFERENT INTERMEDIATE COURSES, EACH COURSE LAST 2 OR 3 DAYS. UPON REQUEST WE DO TAILOR MADE COURSES
1 - JOINERY - Execution and required accuracy
- How to marking out, measure accurately and what to avoid
- Choice of the joinery
- How the grain direction affects joints.
- Correct use of the joints in relation to the mechanical effort
- Dovetail joint, mortise and tenon.
- Gluing joinery
- Mistakes correction
- WOOD BENDING
- Why wood bends. Chemical and physical reasons.
- What to control in the wood before to bend it
- Types of wood that bend easily
- Different methods of bending solid wood
- Steam bending
- Bending with heat gun
- Veneer bending
- Construction of jigs for bending
- How to minimize spring back
- Building a steam box
- Problems during the bending and how to deal with them
3 - ADVANCED HAND PLANING , WESTERN AND JAPANESE HAND SAWS
- Planing with precision in order to obtain a surface that doesn't need to be sanded
- Grain direction and difficult grains
- Fine adjustments
- Alternatives to hand planes when working on end grain. Shooting boards
- How to get a smooth and flat boards with only a hand plane
- Advanced sharpening
- Finishing a surface with a scraper
- Changing the sharpening angles for difficult grains
- Hand saws, precision and sharpening
- Cross cut and rip cut.
- Proper use of spokeshaves
AT REQUEST WE CAN MAKE TAILOR MADE COURSES .
The intermediate course aims to those who work with wood and want to learn new techniques. The number of participants is limited to 3 people.
Who wants to do the intermediate course not having done the basic course will have to do an interview in order to understand the degree of knowledge of hand tools and their proper sharpening.
Dimisco offers 3 different courses. Each course last 3 days or 2 weekends. The price for a single course is 450 Euro per person.
For the intermediate course is strongly recommended that participants bring their own tools. Otherwise Dimisco will provide everything you need . The wood for the practice is provided by Dimisco .
Who has done the basic courses and wants to do the intermediate course will be entitled to a 10 % discount.
For information please contact:
Phone +39 334 322 5054